Adding an Exchange account to Accompany requires four pieces of information:
- Your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Exchange Server: e.g., mail.companyname.com
- User Name: typically the portion preceding your email address, e.g. the jenna in email@example.com
- Your password
Step 2 (Exchange server) is often the most difficult part of the process. This article covers how to find your Exchange server settings through a number of different ways:
- Exchange is already set up on my iPhone
- I use Outlook on my computer to access my Exchange server
- I use Office 365
- I access my email through the Outlook Web App
If you need help setting up an Exchange account, let us know!
Find your username/exchange server via iPhone
- Open Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select your Exchange account
- Tap Account
- Note your username and the server
I use Outlook on my computer to access my Exchange server
- Open Preferences
- Select Accounts
- Click on Advanced...
- Find the Server field under Microsoft Exchange
- The server name is the portion after https:// and before the / (in this case, the server is mail.companyname.com)
- In Windows 10, open the Settings App and choose Accounts.
- Click on the account you want to add to Accompany, then click Manage.
- Click Change mailbox sync settings.
- Note the information listed in the Server section of this page.
I use Office 365
If you’re connecting to your Office365 email, use our Office365 sign in option, then proceed to log in as normal via Office365 on Microsoft's homepage.
Note that some Office365 instances prohibit linking to third-party apps like Accompany. If that's the case, you will see a permissions or "consent" error when you try to link an Office365 account. Contact your IT administrator to request that they add Accompany as a trusted app.
I can access my email through the Outlook Web App
- Go to Options (under the settings gear in the top right corner)
- Under Account > My Account, choose Settings for POP or IMAP Access
- Under POP Setting > Server name:
- If server name is outlook.office365.com, use outlook.office365.com as your server or sign in with our Office365 option
- If the format is "pod-----.outlook.com", use m.outlook.com as your server
- If the server name includes your organization's name (e.g. pop.companyname.com), then your server is in the web address bar of your browser. For example, if the web address is https://mail.companyname.com/owa, then your server name is mail.companyname.com
If all of the above fail, you can ask your IT department for help looking up your settings. Note, some companies give you certificates to provide authentication, so you will need to connect with your IT department in order to gain access.